Monday, November 03, 2008

Mixed Bag of Weekend Stuff

Man, talk about a good weekend!

In sports, my beloved Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets beat #15 FSU, which is great. Puts them on the inside track to win the division in the ACC. If they'd found their second half offense against Virginia, we may be talking a top ten team, here. But lets not get greedy. Winning is great.

A second lovely sports story is that U(sic)GA and the Puppies lost their game, top ten ranking, and their lunch against UF, and got slaughtered. Ahh, I love when the puppies absorb a humliating loss.

To complete the trifecta, the Falcons looksed sharp and got the easy win against the Raiders. Boy, that Matt Ryan looks like a champ. Its only gonna be 3 or 4 months before we start hearing how badly he folded under the pressure of the playoffs, when 3 months ago, we were talking about the Falcons possibly getting the first pick in the draft. I'm not sure who to thank for the surprising run of Falcons success. I just know I like it!

Thursday, I had drinks with work friends, which was nice. Friday was Trick or Treat with the kids, which was fun, nostalgic, sweet, and slightly strange. Jay was insistant that he see "his gorls" so I took him to Cindy's neighborhood, so he could go door to door with his sisters. It was great seeing all three of my kids at once, running door to door, co-ordinating with each other, figuring out which door to hit next.

That night, went for drinks, and ended up bowling, of all things to do on All Hallows Eve. Its been way too long, even today my thumb is kinda sore, as is my ego at looking at my scores. Yeesh. Like golf, I either need to play more, or refuse to ever play again.

Got a lot done at the house this weekend as well. Got a lot cleaned up, including the kitchen. Got my armoir cleaned out of t-shirts, to make way for the tv. Even strapped the tv to the handtruck to begin its ascent up the stairs. I will need help for that, its a heavy mother. I spent a lot of time patching dents and dings in the wall with the drywall paste, I painted the trim in the living room and stair way, and paininted the livingroom. Next will be the stairway, and another all-over coat in the living room.

So, all-in-all a good weekend. It was fun. Thanks for being there!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home